There was once a time when almost every magazine was scrambling to get Madonna on their cover page.
She was not only the hot blonde chic of the 90s, but also one of the most influential artists of her time. People were either a fan of her music or had a big fat crush on her.
But now that she’s 63 years old, does the Queen of Pop still have the charm to sweep men off their feet? It appears so, because she’s had numerous lovers in the past ten years.
In fact, Madonna recently made headlines when she started dating her back-up dancer Ahlamalik Williams who is only 26 years old.
The 37-year-gap between Madonna and Williams did not sit right with some people. Needless to say, there’s a lot to unpack about this very controversial relationship.
From their first meeting to their lavish romantic dates, here’s everything you need to know about Madonna and her latest boyfriend!
Who is Ahlamalik Williams?
Before we dive deeper into his relationship with the diva, let’s get to know him first.
Ahlamalik Williams is an American professional hip-hop dancer who is currently residing in Las Vegas. Despite his young age, Williams’ career has achieved tremendous success for having collaborated with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. Take a look at the timeline below:
- In 2013, he was included in the roster of dancers to perform in Cirque Du Soleil’s Michael Jackson: ONE.
- He once worked as a back-up dancer for Nicki Minaj.
- In 2021, he partnered with Stella McCartney in promotion for his track: New Song.
His success as a professional dancer earned him a net worth of around $300k.
How Did Madonna and Ahlamalik Meet?
The couple’s first meeting happened way back in 2015, when Ahlamalik auditioned to be part of Madonna’s Rebel Heart tour as her back-up dancer. According to Mr. Williams, Ahlamalik’s dad, his son stood out from his group and was personally picked by Madonna herself.
Madonna and Ahlamalik did not work together again until 2019, when he returned to choreograph for Madonna’s Madame X Tour. Reports say that the couple have been dating as early as 2018, but nothing can be confirmed.
What we do know is that their relationship went official when the couple started posting pictures of each other on their social media accounts.
The public was quick to criticize their relationship, citing how Madonna is old enough to be her beau’s grandma. However, the Queen of Pop isn’t bothered by anyone’s opinion. In fact, they’ve been going out and posting more pictures of them together.
Madonna has also taken a step further to prove that this isn’t just a fling: she invited Ahlamalik’s parents to attend one of her Caesar’s Palace shows. After that, she even had her personal chef cook them a nice dinner!
Has Madonna earned Mr. and Mrs. Williams’ vote? As for Ahlamalik’s dad, here’s what he’s got to say about their relationship:
“Love has no age. My son is livin’ la vida loca, and I’m just happy for him.”
Ahlamalik and Madonna: Are They Still Dating Now?
Yes, the pair is still going strong. Madonna and Ahlamalik have been having romantic dates all around the world – some of which even included Madonna’s children.
Here’s a brief timeline of all their latest dates:
- Around a month ago, Madonna and Ahlamalik had a sweet late-night dinner at some Italian restaurant.
- Last December, Madonna and Ahlamalik went out to London’s Winter Wonderland amusement park. They tried a few rides together.
- Madonna’s kids and boyfriend dressed up in an elves costume for Christmas in 2021.
- In the summer of 2021, Madonna brought her kids and her boyfriend to Italy to celebrate her 63rd birthday.
- For Madonna’s 62nd birthday in 2020, Ahlamalik was there to celebrate it with her along with some friends in Jamaica.
- Ahlamalik tagged along when Madonna and her kids flew to Maldives for a vacation in 2019.
It seems that Madonna and Ahlamalik are really enjoying their time together as a couple. We do hope that things work out for them in the end!