It is undeniable that Lana Del Rey has one of the prettiest faces in the music industry. Many would even consider her as a real-life barbie doll. But just like barbie dolls, is Lana Del Rey also made out of plastic?
Unlike most celebrities out there, Lana doesn’t really have a lot of photos of her younger self on the internet. Still, that did not make her safe from all the before-and-after comparisons of the very curious public.
Admittedly, there are many noticeable changes in terms of her facial structures, which led to her being targeted with plastic surgery rumors. But is there any truth to those claims? Let’s find out.
Lana Del Rey’s Plastic Surgery: The Evidence
In order to get to the bottom of all these rumors, we have to take a look at the evidence presented by both her avid fans and haters. History tells us that Lana Del Rey’s career took off when she was around 24 years old.
By that age, it is no longer common for a woman to undergo significant physical changes naturally. Given how much Lana has changed over her 20s, it made the plastic surgery speculations even more valid.
Here are some of the changes observed in Lana Del Rey’s physical appearance:
- Eyebrows – Lana has a perfectly curved eyebrow tail, which is something that she did not have when she was younger.
- Eyelids – Some eagle-eyed individuals have noticed that Lana used to have crow’s feet, which essentially is a term used to refer to the wrinkles around the eye area. Now, she seems to be getting younger as those wrinkles have somehow disappeared.
- Nose – Lana used to have a rounder and larger nose with a small bump on the nasal bone. However, recent pictures show that she now has a sharper and smaller nose, and the bump on the nose bridge was no longer there.
- Lips – This one is probably the most obvious. Lana is famously known for her pouty and plump lips. However, older photos of the artist reveal that her lips were actually thinner back in the days.
What Plastic Surgeries Has Lana Del Rey Had?
Given the changes mentioned above, here are some of the plastic surgeries or cosmetic procedures that experts believe Lana Del Rey might have taken:
- Botox eyebrow lift – Some suspect that the Video Games singer might have gotten a botox injection to accentuate that curve.
- Eyelid filler – In order to get rid of the lines around her eyes, Lana might have injected something into her eyelids.
- Nose job – A rhinoplasty is the most probable nose job procedure in Lana Del Rey’s case, since it would mean shaving off the nasal bridge to make it look slimmer and sharper.
- Lip filler – Experts believe that Lana might have had collagen fillers or temporary lip injections. You don’t grow thicker and fuller lips naturally, after all.
Now, there are other cosmetic procedures that Lana is often accused of having, such as bum lift and breast enlargement.
However, the evidence behind those accusations is simply too weak that we decided not to count them in. For instance, Lana’s weight gain in the past could have simply contributed to the increase of her butt and chest area.
Lana Del Rey’s Response to Plastic Surgery Rumors
The American singer Lana Del Rey has repeatedly denied ever going under the knife to enhance her looks. In one interview, she said:
“I haven’t had anything done at all. Anyone who’s known me will tell you that. I’m sorry, but I was living in a trailer park for a few years. I didn’t even have enough money to buy Cocoa Puffs. It’s not like I crawled from under the bridge and got surgery. I’m quite pouty. That’s just how I look when I sing.”
As per her lips, Lana further clarifies:
“They’re real lips, I mean. In real life, my lips don’t look that big. I think because I cartoonized the footage of myself in the video for Video Games,’ things look exaggerated.”
What can we say? Props to Lana for actually addressing these rumors head on instead of being mum about it. It must take real courage and bravery to do that. After all, it’s not an easy feeling to have your appearance questioned by thousands of people.
So, what do you think? Do you believe Lana Del Rey or do you think she’s had a few cosmetic procedures? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!