There was once a time in history when Wesley Snipes made everyone’s childhood with his Blade movies.
It can even be argued that his franchise is what introduced the Marvel Cinematic Universe to the mainstream.
But now that he’s older, it’s only natural for people to wonder if he’s already got kids of his own. And if so, how many and who are they?
If you’re one of those curious minds, then keep reading!
Meet the Mothers of Wesley Snipes’ Children
Before we dive into the identities of Snipes’ kids, let’s get to know the women with whom he shares his kids – and yes, you read that correctly: women.
Wesley Snipes has been married twice throughout his entire career, which is something that isn’t really out of the ordinary in Hollywood. In fact, some celebrities even go through several marriages year after year.
In Wesley’s case, though, he spent five years being the husband of his first wife, April Dubois. They were together from 1985 to 1990 before getting divorced. Not much is known about April, especially since she’s not a celebrity.
Moreover, she kept living a normal and private life even while married to someone as famous as Wesley. And when things ended between them, it’s as if she completely vanished from the limelight. Wesley and April only ever had one child together, and that kid became Wesley’s eldest son.
In 2003, Wesley tied the knot with his second wife Nakyung Park. She is a painter and the daughter of an accomplished South Korean entertainment executive. They have been together ever since and have welcomed four kids into their family.
Interestingly, the pair did not have an extravagant wedding despite their prestige. A friend of Wesley, who was the sole guest at the ceremony, described how the couple’s marriage went down in an interview:
“It was a basic, ‘take it or leave it’ thing. He took her down to the courthouse, and he married her — the poor woman didn’t even get a chance to walk down the aisle. And he didn’t promise her a honeymoon, either.”
Add that to the list of celebrities who had “spur-of-the-moment” weddings. A Hollywood cliche.
Who Are Wesley Snipes’ Five Kids?
As mentioned earlier, Snipes has five kids in total: one from his previous marriage and the other four with his current wife. Here’s everything you need to know about them:
- Jelani Asar Snipes – He is Snipes’ eldest and only son with April Dubois. Like his mother, he keeps a relatively low profile. His birthdate and other personal information are unknown. He once made a cameo in his dad’s movie Mo’ Better Blues, in which he briefly appeared as a one-year-old named Miles.
- Akhenaten Kihwa-T Snipes – He is the eldest son that Snipes has with his second wife Nakyung. The couple had not been married yet at the time of his birth. Like Jelani, Akhenaten lives a very private life away from the media. Some sources claim that his name could have been derived from an Egyptian Pharoah.
- Iset Jua-T Snipes – She is the only daughter of Wesley Snipes. According to several reports, Iset was also born years before her parents married. Iset in Egyptian means “throne,” which signifies that her parents must treat her like royalty daily.
- Alaafia Jehu-T Snipes – He is the third son of Wesley Snipes. Like his siblings, Alaafia also has a very special meaning behind his name. It translates to “peace” in Arabic. Wesley himself revealed that, although he prefers to keep his family out of the spotlight, they once appeared all at once for a cameo while filming his movie Coming 2 America. See if you can spot them!
- Alimayu Moa-T Snipes – He is the youngest son of Wesley Snipes. Sources claim that Alimayu was born around 2007, making him 15 years old at the time of this writing. Once again, his parents gave him a fascinating name as it means “in honor of God” in Ethiopian.
So, there you have it! Now you know everything you need to know about Wesley Snipes’ family, including his five children.